Robert Combas, 2003
- What is the height of misery?
- Where would like to live?
I would like to live in a temperate region. In France, why not in Paris if it was located in the South, by the sea.
- What is your idea of happiness on earth?
This is abstract. It deals with emptying, something close to God.
- What are the faults you indulge?
I’m indulgent for non premeditated faults.
- Which book characters do you prefer?
None in particular, when I was young I loved D’Artagnan, maybe it still.
- Which historical character do you prefer ?
At the moment, the Dalai-Lama.
- Who are you heroines in real life ?
My wife I think.
- And your fictional heroine ?
The Muse, that is, all women, an inspiration for the artist. But that is a traditional side that remains for all artists.
- Who is your favourite writer?
I don’t have a favourite.
- And your favourite painter ?
Many… One day it can be Fernand Léger, next day it can Picasso, or Miro. I think it’s quite simplistic to have favourites. Sometimes, one prefers certain people rather than others. Among modern painters, I like Gérard Garouste, Christian Boltanski, Richard Long, Ladislas Kijno.
- And your favourite musician?
All black singers, classical music with voices, the Beach Boys, Brian Wilson, Phil Spector, John Lennon, Charles Trenet, … and many others …
- Your favourite quality in human beings?
- And your favourite virtue?
- Your main fault?
I interrupt people talking.
- Your favorite hobby?
Painting and listening.
- Who would you have liked to be ?
Actually, apart from myself, I don’t know who else I could have been.
- What is the best advice you were given ?
I was told to stop messing around.
- What do you hate above all ?
Above all, I hate conflict..
- What is the reform you like best?
I’d like the income tax to be stopped.
- How do you feel at the moment ?
So so. I am never serene, but I stay positive, optimistic. I always feel so so. Regarding my profession, I am still well established. You can find optimism in my painting, even if the world is in a mess. Indeed, I don’t think about it every day, but my painting reflects it. In reality, people think I am worried, if not paranoid.
- What is your motto ?
My motto: find a way to evolve, and continue to learn. That’s power. I already have the power to study and to have an occupation that allows me to do so.